Well it's only been a week but tons has happened. He had a really awful day Tuesday when everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. Wednesday wasn't too bad and then yesterday they were suppose to be sending him home with a load for reset time over the weekend. Well they tried to send him to Salt Lake so he refused the load since they don't have forced dispatch. Couple hours later they were able to find him a load back towards home that was to deliver this morning 6am. SO he drove until like 1am to get there and then only got a few hours sleep before he had to unload. Well before he got the load back home yesterday he sent me an email to tell me how he keeps trying to make this job work becuase he loves the driving but is not doing well with being away from Noelle and I. It was a lot more detail than that and it was really sweet. Put a tear in my eye and a smile on my face at the same time. Basically he said he was coming home and was just going to stop trying to force this job/lifestyle to work and he didn't want to have a long conversation about it. So I let him know that I loved him and supported him no matter what, just like I always do. When I talked to him last night and found he was already in Oregon but still hours from home he started talking about how they had a load for him Sunday morning to go to Phoenix and how it'd be good money and just seemed like he was second guessing his decision to leave. SO I talked to him and tried to understand what was going through his head. It seemed the biggest thing brining him down was not being at home at night. I asked him what he'd do for work if he came back home and he said cable contractor or security, neither things I think he'd be happy with again and he'd probably not be home much with those either. SO last night he had decided to stick it out a while longer and give it more time to see what he wanted to do because this really is a good company. Pretty much thought that was done and taken care of and that he'd be home for the weekend and off again on Sunday until next weekend. That is until the call this morning. He was really tired from the less than 4 hours of sleep and the told me that he had thought more about it after we got off the phone last night and he was going to stick with his original decision to stop trying to make it work. Says he's wasting time with us trying to make this work when he feels it will never and that he'd rather cut his losses now. Man I love him to death! Keeps me guessing ALL the time but that doesn't make me love him any less, probably sometimes more. He isn't always good at sharing his feelings or what he's thinking but times like this he does with his actions. Makes me feel loved and important to him.
Was it what you expected? LOL Some of our friends have started saying that everytime we talk to them Robb has a different job and it's about true but I'm sure he'll soon find his fit and be there for a while.
Only a few hours and I'll be picking him up! Can't wait to have a relaxing weekend at home with him and Noelle.
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
((((HUGS)))) Keep us posted!!
Thanks Shan! See above for update but I'll keep you posted as I figure it out myself.
Post a Comment