Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I think it's settled...

And I hope that it is too. He didn't leave. I had a feeling since he didn't get up like he had planned that he had second thoughts again and wasn't going to go. And I am totally okay with that. He's right, that money isn't a good enough reason to go back out and do a job that you aren't happy with because of being away from home. Anyways he got up and around and polished his resume, made a few calls and went out to look for a job here. He called me not long after he left to tell me he had an interview and then a second with another person and they were having him come back later to take a test. It's nothing exactly glamourous but it's a job that he has always enjoyed. It's security. He loves law enforcment type stuff. I know if he had things to do over again he would have become a police offiicer but they have changed the requirements so much he would have to have an associates degree and he doesn't have that. He was once a reserver officer and at one time owned his own security company too so it's something that he enjoys. Doesn't pay all that well but it will be enough and we'll adjust and make it work. Thankfully our taxes will help pay off some bills to make things a little easier that way.

So I will cross my fingers that something comes through today or by the end of this week so we don't have to worry about what he will be doing. I know that will help him stay upbeat.

No comments: