Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Personal Milestone
Today was a good day for me. I've been working my tush off to lose some weight and I have been working out at the fitness at work on my lunch break. Well I've been running faster and faster and today I did 5 miles at an average of 7 min /mile. I have NEVER run that fast. When I was in highschool I would be over 10 minutes on my mile run for PE. I think sometimes it was 12-14 minutes. I have asthma and so that usually effected it. I don't know what the deal is with regular running versus an eliptical trainer but I don't have the problem with my asthma. I think it has something to do with how you jar your whole body when you are pounding the pavement. It is hard on mine (and everyone else's) knees and my back too. So although some wouldn't consider it running I know what I'm doing and that's all that matters. Something that has been really helping me lately when I workout is to think small goals like "I'm going to run this first mile in less than 7 minutes" and then set another goal for mile 2 etc. I go for the gusto for 35 minutes and then 5 minute cool down which gives me another 20 minutes to get showered and back to my desk. I am hoping that I really start to lose big. I just feel really good about my workout today, when I think back to how slow I was in HS it's a HUGE improvement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment