Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sometimes I hate doctors and tests. I had some bloodwork done for work and it showed I had elevated glucose level and was at risk of Diabetes. That was not good news for me since Diabetes runs in my dads side of the family and I have had some symptoms for several years now but the glucose levels have never been high like that :( I've talked to my doctor and they want me to do low sugar diet for next month and then they are going to test me again to see if it was just a one time thing or if I really have a problem that needs to be addressed. Also I'm going to start taking Fish Oil supplement to see if I can raise my good cholesterol level (HDL) my over all cholesterol level is low but that good part is too low.

But this morning I did have a good meeting with the scale, I have lost 2 more pounds. I haven't lost a ton of weight but I'm down 10 pounds in the last month and a half or so. Still a LONG ways to go but it is something. I'll be happy when I can drop down to the next size.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

WTG Jenn!! Woo hoo for the loss...great job. See, all that hard work is paying off. And, I totally am right there with you on the health issues. I take medicine every day for insulin resistance.

lizzabella said...

YEAH Jenny Joe!!! I am sooo proud of you! You have no reason not to feel proud of yourself. I have been trying to loose 10 more pounds and it is still here!
AS for the other...do what the doc says....read as much as you can get your hands on and find what works best for you! You are way to young and have your whole life ahead of ya....this should be a non issue!!! I am praying for ya hun!!!! Shany Shoe!