Monday, February 27, 2006

The Calm Before the Storm

Okay so I have 1 week before I start going back to school again. It is just crazy to think I'm going to be working full time, managing projects and all that all day, then come home to my family take care of dinner and the house and then when Noelle goes to bed it will be time to hit the books for school. Am I nuts or what? And I'm actually excited about it! I mean I am a little worried about everything but I know that this is the right thing to do and it is what I've always wanted to do. My parents don't have college educations and actually most of my family and Robb's too don't. I want to be a good role model to my children. My mom did go back to school when she was like late 30's early 40's or somewhere around there but she never got to finish because she got sick. I know I haven't taken the straigh path through life to get where I want to be but I always knew I'd get there some how. I mean moving out right out of highschool, working full time and going to school and paying for it all on my own I was able to get my associates! That was quite an accomplishment and one that I am very proud of and I know Robb is beyond proud of me. Heck how many grown men cry in public at something like that. When I came up from the basement of the coliseum after commencement he was in tears, makes me want to cry thinking back to it. What a great memory. Anyways, I know that when I get down with this chapter of my life it will only mean better things for us. I know that I have done really well at work without my bachelors but I know how much better I could be doing if I had it and I'd be able to know that if something happened here I wouldn't have a hard time finding another job becuase I'd have the education to back up my skills. We are really stressing that with Elizabeth right now. I think that she didn't really see furthering her education as a necessary for a long time but we have made sure she knows how important it is unless she wants to be flippin burgers for the rest of her life. I think she sees how her mom and step-dad struggle financially because neither of them even have there Highschool Diploma. Pretty scary if you ask me. She may not go to a traditional school, she wants to be a mechanic and she's been looking at different vocational schools and really wants to go to the NASCAR school. Anyways I've gotten of on a tangent. This is my last week of "freedom" for a while. Not that I have much freedom these days but I'm just adding to the chaos that already exists. So if you don't hear from me I've probably got my nose in a book studying or doing homework. Never fear I won't lose touch! On the homefront things have been pretty good. Robb's liking his job. Of course we don't get tons of time together since he's working Graveyard but that's life. On Sundays he's been working 7pm-5am so he leaves the house about 5:30. We've been having early dinner last 2 weeks so we can still eat together as a family. Monday-Thursday he's been working 9pm-7am so we see him for a couple hours for dinner and get Noelle to bed and out the door he goes about 7:30 or 8 at night. Don't see him in the mornings those days since he doesn't get off until I'm already practically at work. Oh well as long as the bills are paid and everyone is happy I won't complain.

No comments: