Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Rockin Out

Well I'm sitting here bored at work with my head phones on rockin out to my new CD, thanks to a wonderful friend, Lisa Marie Presley. It's actually pretty good. Probably not one I would have ever bought or sought out but given the chance to listen to it she's actually pretty good. So Thanks Shannon for the nice surprise in the mail this past weekend :) Everytime I think of you know I think of you calling me Jenny Joe and even though I HATE the name Jenny it sort of grows on me when you say Jenny Joe, it just seems right come from my okie friend :) My step-mom is a okie, well she was born in Arkansas but spent most of her life in Oklahoma and I think it reminds me of her sometimes. There is only one person in a LONG time that I have allowed to call me Jenni and that has been my loving husband. Poor Guy, I practically ripped him a new one years ago because I told him how much I hated the name Jenni and didn't want to be called that even though he didn't say it often. He got all hurt and told me it was his affectionate name for me so I conceeded and let him call me that but not in public LOL. Now it's how I affectionatly sign my emails and letters to him, it grew on me from him as well. But I still can't let my mom call me that like she wants to sometimes, it just seems so little girl to me. Sometimes I've wondered why that bothers me so much. Is it that I have so much baggage from my childhood that I still carry around and it reminds me of that? I still don't have an answer to that question but I still ponder it. I do know that sometime in the near future I need to try and see a therapist again. I feel funny saying that but I need to let someone get in my head and figure out what makes me tick they way I do so I can fix the problems I have and maybe live more stress free and less complicated life. But isn't that what we all want?
Anyways, as you can see I'm bored, too much time to think. I need to be writing my review for work. I hate this time of year at work, business is slow because people are on vacation and then it's the start of our annual reviews. If you've never worked at Intel before let me tell you it's quite the treat NOT. You have to write what is called an IPW or Individual Performance Worksheet where you "brag" about what you've done over the past year. I'm not a good writer and hate to "brag" about myself so I struggle with this every year. No stress put on the IPW or anything, it's just what could make or break you getting a raise or how you are ranked with your peers. Can you see how this would be stressful? OH and did I mention you don't find out how you do until the end of March or beginning of April. Yes that's right, 4 friggin months away. Nothing like dragging it out. So today I really need to focus on writing my accomplishments and trying to remember way back to last January and what I was doing when I came back from maternity leave. Too long ago, so much has happened since then.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday, tomorrow is happy hump day, WOHOO!

1 comment:

lizzabella said...

Hey There Jenny Joe! LOL
Honestly the first thing that comes to mind nickname wise was JennaJew...but I didn't think that was very nice, sounds like some sort of Nazi put down! So I thought naw...better not!!!
I am sooo glad you like the CD...It wasnt something I would have bought either, but my sis had it on her I-Pod and I heard a couple of songs and thought hmm...I will get it..got it from the CD club for half price and no shipping so I figured why not!! AND if the name ever gets annoying...please say so! I have a thing with Shany....I can't stand it! My mother was the ONLY person allowed to call me that and it was like nails on a chalkboard when she would do it to me...soooooo NO ONE is allowed to call me that. My mother passed away as you know two years ago next month! And there has been a couple of people that have tried and I have gone mental on them over it! There is one person that calls me that now that it doesnt bother me to bad for him to say it, but it is because he doesnt know any better and I don't have the heart to tell him no! My grampa!
You step mom is from Arkansas? LMBO...I wouldn't be tellin people that! HAHA Not really...there is a joke back in Texas, that says know why Oklahoma blows? Because Arkansas sucks! Stupid I know but it is a thing with Texas they can't stand Okies and even worse are people from Arkansas. Which I do have to admit I have been all over Arkansas and only one place we were I though hmmm I am gonna hear dueling banjos any minute now! LOL For the most part they are just as normal as anyone else! And good peeps! And please let me clarify...I was born and raised my first 7 years in Idaho, then was forced to move to Texas, where I lived until about 6-7 months ago! Therefore I am a TEXAN! LOL I still have my Texas license and my Texas plates on my car! LOL Yes there is a mental block against becomming offical! LOL
Hey Jen I have a question for ya....What is a stress-free less complicated life? And if you find it can you tell me where I can get one? LMAO!!!! I don't think you need therapy...just a good time out! Destress have time to reflect of this past year, which I know has been one full of ups and downs for you and Robb!!! We have all been there!!!! At least he is home now!!!
Good luck on your IPW...I remember having to write one of those when I worked for "the man" lol and I hated it....so the next year every time I did something good I made sure I made a note of it so that it wasn't such a pain in the bo-hiney when I had to write it. Let us know how it turns out!!! Talk to you soon hun!!!
Shannon