Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Day

I'm trying to take today as a new day. I've been keeping a lot of things to myself lately as I don't want to burden my friends and sometimes I feel like I whine about things too much because well it just seems like lately thats the way it is and I don't like that. I'm trying to regain control of my life and be my upbeat self once again. I still don't have the holiday spirit like I'd like and a dear friend is struggling with the same thing so I know I'm not alone in that. Robb's doing good with his job, even though the hours are a lot different than mine I still see him much more than when he was OTR so I'm not complaining one bit. The last few days he was a little withdrawn becuase that is how he deals with is stress and such and I'm opposite so sometimes that is really hard for me to deal with but I for once was able to just let it go and last night when he came home he snuggled up next to me in bed and that made me feel a little better. Tomorrow he has the day off and I'm working from home so I'll sort of get to spend the day with him even though I'll be working and I have to take Noelle for her first dentist appt. Boy that ought to be interesting to take her for that. And it's right when she should be down for her afternoon nap so I'm hoping we don't end up with her in hysterics.
So for today I'm taking a positive attitude. I'm sitting in my old office building and seeing alot of my old team mates and it's been a breath of fresh air to reconnect with some and get a few laughs. And tons of people have stopped when they see me to ask me how things are and say they miss me over here and that just made me feel down right good about myself. WOW, I think today might be a great day!

3 comments:

lizzabella said...

Hey hun...I reposted another pic so maybe that will be useful in my search! LOL
The spirit will get there...at least that is what I keep telling myself too!!!
WOW her first dentist appt...wow they grow up so fast don't they! And at nap time...ouch...I pray all goes well for you!
Glad that you got to snuggle with him...I am the same as Robb I tend to hold it all in and then when it comes out...better watch it...and depending on what finally sets me off it is either loads of tears and incohearant sobbing words or rage that makes me have to clean...LOL
At this point...I really need someone to piss me off...my house looks awful! LOL
Hopefully this will help...writting has always been good for me too...BUT I do have to say I tend to hold back on that sometimes too...believe it or not! LOL Maybe this is the way to deal with those things that are just better left not said! I have been there I know what you are going though!
OH yeah I finally got that CD sent today...went to the post office yesterday and they were butts so I had to resend it today! Oh well..it is on its way!!! Shannon

Jenn said...

Hey you are my first commentor :) YEAH! You crack me up about needing someone to piss you off to get your house clean, you could always invite the spawn of satan over and then you'd have lots of ammunition HA HA. Sounds like you got the holiday spirit going again and I hope that I will too ;)

lizzabella said...

Oh I dont have it all just yet, but it is slowly getting there! I just found out today that I will be doing all holiday shopping by myself! I hate shopping and it is even worse alone! BUT that is ok because I am almost done! LOL
OH the mistress of satan is MIA...YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! BUT if she were around I am sure my house would be the cleanest in the state!!! LOL
Tis the season...HA!