Tuesday, July 18, 2006

New Job Again

No not for me, all though if things continue at work with the layoffs you never know. Anyways, Robb is now managing a store as an Audio Video Technician. This store is in the mall in Portland and allows you to go sing karoake style or original music and vocals and do so in front of a green screen so you can get a music video. There is other stuff there as well but it sounds like a pretty fun place and a cool job. I hope this one lasts for quite a while and we can get caught back up on our bills. Sold some stock to cushion for now but that won't last long at all. He seems really positive about things and was really excited and jazzed after work yesterday and was totally ready to go back in today so that's a good sign for now. He will be managing the schedule and plans to work quite a few hours over the next few weeks. The store doesn't officialy open until Saturday so they are doing final prep. He wants to make sure he establishes his role as manager over the other guys and gets things running smoothly. I'm really hopeful that this is it. Of course it's not as good as pay as he made when he was doing cable but it's a lot more than sitting at home on the couch. And better tahn security or driving long haul so can't complain. I'm really not worried about the money part because as long as I have my job he just needs to bring in a minimum amount to keep us going.

I have a job interview with Multnomah County on Friday afternoon which I'm excited about. It's developing training and then instructing. Was pretty cool listing that I had applied for a month or more ago and never heard anything until out of the blue end of last week. So we'll see what comes of that.

Noelle continues to grow like a weed and test the waters of her freedom. It's a battle of wills at times but she's slowly learning that she won't win many of those battles. She's fighting two molars on the bottom coming in right now (2 year molars) and they have been waking her up in the middle of the night screaming. Mommy is getting very tired! Yesterday was up with her at 4:45 then up til about 11 and then up at 12:30 with her and again up at sometime after 5.

School started last week and is going ok so far. The class seems really lame and just one of those bullshit classes that cost you a lot of money but you don't really learn anything but they still require you to take it. It's a Humanities class and we are examining the aestehics of the world around us. I had to write this paper about going to a market place and what I saw, what time of day, what the weather was like, what the buildings around me looked like, put it in a narrative form and it's just not my thing. Can't wait for September to get here! Really looking forward to October when I start my Vector Animation class when I should be doing Flash development and stuff that will just ROCK!

Anyways, I'm still alive and kicking. Hopefully things are a much smoother road from here!.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Congrats to Robb & good luck with your interview! Glad to hear school is going okay...gotta love those "fluff" classes, huh?

lizzabella said...

I am so sorry I have been a snot and not written in a while...things are crazy around here as you know. I know y'all have had a rough year, I pray things all fall into place soon! Always in my thoughts! Shan!!!