Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Update time

WOW how things can change in two seconds flat in my household. So last I reported Robb was going back over the road (OTR), well the day before he was scheduled to go in for his physical and urine test for Knight he decided he really didn't want to be away from the family so he was going to see if this one local company was still hiring even though it wasn't really a job he wanted to do. They were hiring so they sent him in for urine test and then he started last Friday. Friday went "ok" but not great. He was working in a division he wouldn't normally be workign in and he said the guys were really egotistical and he didn't like the environment because of it. Well Monday would be better because he'd be doing a long heavy haul to Southern Oregon, almost Cali border. That of course made for a VERY long day, he left the house at 5:30 and got home about 9. Tuesday he left about same time and got home about 9:30 or so. He was over his hours and they aren't keeping him legal with how they are running him, and of course he'd be the one to have the pay the thousands of dollars of fines if he was caught at a scale. So last night it was "I don't think I'm going in tomorrow". Now I'm stressing again about finances and when he'll be making any money so we can catch up on our bills. I HATE this fucking shit, I'm so ready for stability again. With the uncertainty with my job it's just making matters worse. Of course he has a plan but now a days just about every where they do piss tests so it takes however long to get those back before you actually start working. He's going to check out this job today that his buddy tried to get him to do a couple of weeks ago but other things were more appealing. It's doing contract work for Verizon (local phone company, not the wireless division) upgrading houses and apartments and such with the newer fiber optic lines. This requires doing wall fisches to run the cables which can be tedious but pays really good. I hope this one works out, at least for a few months before I have to stress again LOL. I'm just trying to find some humor in this right now so that I can keep a smile on my face. HOpefully by end of this week or beginning of next he'll be doing "something" again so he's not sitting around the house moping, and making my life miserable.

Enough of that shit!!

Looks like I might be okay with my job but I'm still not entirely confident. They are moving me and 2 other people from my previous group of 11 to a group that already has 10 developers. It's a good move for us AS LONG AS they have the projects to keep us busy and employed. Better opportunities for career growth and development, visibility at higher levels of management etc. So crossing my fingers that this goes well.

Spring quarter is over for school, just waiting for my grade so I can get my reimbursement again. Although I still haven't gotten my check from last quarter. My manager took forever to approve it because she lost the email, now that it got approved I'm just waiting for pay day to get the money. I could really use the $1800. So it looks like right after that one, if not at the same time, I'll be getting the other $1600 for the spring quarter. Don't start class again until July 10, been looking forward to this break except this damn project at work has been consuming me EVERY night until about 10 or 11 so I really haven't had a break. I'm going to be taking some comp vacation days beginning of July some time to make up for these hours I've been working!

That's all for now, I've updated our picture site with lots of new pictures if you haven't seen them check them out.

TTFN

No comments: