Saturday, June 10, 2006

Disappointment all around

Well I pretty much expected what was coming, I'm way more perceptive than Robb gives me credit for. Although it's happening for another reason than I actually expected, Robb will be going back on the road driving long haul. Not so much by his choice, I mean it is his choice but not at the same time. He was really hoping for this job at T-Mobile, working in the store and selling cell phones. Doesn't take someone with too much intelligence to do that, and Robb is VERY smart. I mean he fixes everyones computers, builds them from scratch, has installed the big satellite dishes for casinos, off track betting establishments etc. However he doesn't have his diploma or GED. Does that make someone not smart? HELL NO, I mean yes for some but you can't blanket that statment. Anyways, T-Mobile does this extensive background check on you. He had had 2 interviews and passed with flying colors, they couldn't wait to get him on board, they were just waiting for that background check. Well Friday it came back and it showed he didn't have his diploma or ged and so they decided to not hire him. WHAT THE FUCK??? Becuase you don't have your diploma you can't cell a fucking cell phone? I mean how much smarts does it take to do that? You can read the god damn specs off the box, you pretty much just have to be able to talk to people and be a good customer service provider. There loss big time, but obviously it doesn't make him feel any better. This is the FIRST time not having completed HS has haunted him. He was able to get into the Navy with a HS completion waiver by testing astronomically high, work for Comcast as a broadband technician, install those satellite dishes (and I'm not talking mini dishes, i'm talking the HUGE ones). What gives? Anyways, he was pretty much letting everything ride on that job and has been waiting for almost 2 weeks now for this whole process. We have to have him working, doing something so we can pay our bills. Especially with the threat of losing my job. We are behind on a few bills as it is and that makes me so very tense. I worry about the finances a LOT, especially since I'm the one paying the bills and seeing which ones are getting paid and which ones aren't.

So last night was not so pleasant, he's very disappointed and stressed out. He already spoke with Knight Transportation and he goes in Tuesday for his physical and piss test, after that comes back, probably Wednesday, they'll assign him his truck and he'll be on the road. So towards the end of next week. It will be hard to see him go again but it's what has to be done right now. I'm hoping this time it won't be such a roller coaster of emotions for either of us. I'm also hoping that today he can pull his head out of his ass and get over what happened and just spend some EXTRA quality time with us while he's still home instead of moping around doing nothing. He didn't come to bed til 3am so I'm sure he'll be asleep for awhile, thinking about going over to my step-moms for a bit to scan some pictures for this photo album I want to put together through mypublisher.com. My friend did it for her hubby for fathers day and she said it turned out awesome. If I want to do that I have to get my act together NOW.

Those are the updates as of today. Oh I did finish my second class at Capella, with another A wohoo, and now I have a month off before my next class starts. I thought I'd be spending extra time with Robb in the evenings but it looks like I'll be looking for something else to occupy my time.

TTFN!

1 comment:

lizzabella said...

ATW again? I am so happy for your doing well in your classes!!!

One day at a time darlin!!! One day at a time!!!!