Well it's been like 2 weeks since I posted here. Obvioulsy life has been crazy. My prediction of Robb going back OTR is comging true. It's not what I want, although I am happy that he got a job with a company that seems to have there shit together and he really wanted this job. He has his road test tomorrow and his physical and he's all freaked out about both. It's been almost 2 months since he drove a big rig. I don't think he'll have any problem, well maybe it hasn't been 2 months but it wasn't yesterday or last week LOL. He always flips out and stresses when something he really wants is riding on his success of something. He's also worried about the physcial because he has heard they are really picky with things like BP and weight etc. His weight should be fine but he's worried about his BP and when he worries his BP goes up which is not a good thing. I've been really surprised that the last few days he has not had ANY soda to drink and he's been drinking a lot of water which he never drinks any of. Water helps bring your BP down, he also has been taking some low dose asprin which thins the blood and helps BP. His BP really isn't high but his family has a history and sometimes his can get up there. Saturday he sliced his finger and had to go to the ER for stitches and it was like 142/90 which is considered high but on the low side of high. That evening it came down to his norm of about 130/85. I have been monitoring it for him. I swear being an EMT and knowing how to do those things can be a curse at time, he practically demands I watch it for him. I'm just kidding, I don't mind actually. I'm glad he is concerened about it with his family history. He even mentioned that after this he wanted to make an appt for getting a check-up and talk to a doc about it to see what he can be doing to further prevent it. He never goes to the doctor so I'm glad he's doing that. Anyways, I have my fingers and toes crossed that this all goes fine or I know he'll be crushed. Also if this doesn't go through it means he'll be going back to Eagle out of Phoenix and I don't like that because if anything happens and he wants to come home we'll have to fly him home again and that isn't cheap, especially on short notice like it would be. So I'll be saying a prayer tonight that he passes with flying colors. Wednesday and Thursday will be orientation and then Friday he'd be getting a truck and hitting the road :( He thought I wasn't happy for him and I had to explain that I am happy but it's hard at the same time because it means he's leaving and I'd really rather him be home but I don't want him to sacrifice his dream. I have friends and family and co-workers who just don't understand. Thank God for my Friend Shannon, my fellow trucker's wife, she understands this lifestyle and the knows how our men can be, it's like they just have this itch to be driving and can't leave it alone. Robb has always been that way about driving, taking trips and just driving to drive. Some people act like he's scum because of his choice but he totally isn't, none of our truckers are scum (well maybe some...) but they are making a living and supporting our families and brining our goods and freight to our stores, without them we would have nothing to buy locally. I have people telling me how they don't know how I "put up with it" and that basically I should be leaving him high and dry. It frustrates me to no end. Can't you just be my friend and not judge. My family, well some of them anyways, do the same thing. Especially my dad, and it's sad because Robb would love his "approval" or acceptance in what he's doing. My dad has never really given him that and it bothers Robb. I try to tell him it doesn't matter, it's me and what I think that matters and he knows that but it still bothers him. I can't say it wouldn't bother me if I were in his shoes.
My other big news and what's been going on is that I'm going back to school to get my bachelors. I always knew I was going to do it but I just didn't know when. It's only been a year and a half since I got my associates which is about how long I sort of thought it'd be, I knew I would wait until Noelle was at least 1. She's a little more independent which makes it a little easier. Robb is really supportive, he was the one who asked when I was going to go back and got me jump started and getting back to it. I'm going through the admissions process at Capella University which is strictly online and will help me tremendously, especially with Robb going OTR again. Originally I was looking at something locally but then I thought otherwise with what was going on, and glad I did. There would be no way that I could go to school after work if Robb wasn't home to pick up and take care of Noelle. So this will keep me busy on my lonely nights after Noelle goes to bed. I am nervous that I'm taking on too much but I have faith that it's all falling into place so quickly for a reason. I'm still waiting to hear if my work will reimburse me for a good chunk of it. If they do then it will actually cover almost all of it which is awesome, if not then I'll have a major student loan at the end but hopefully I'll have the paycheck to make up for it. I'm really hoping this will help my career and ability to keep climbing the ladder of success. Chessy I know but so true.
Noelle continues to grow like a weed. She has a cold from her older sister right now. I swear everytime Elizabeth comes over she is sick, drives me crazy. Well actually she's driving me crazy in general. We've been telling her time and time again she needs to make her bed every morning and she hasn't been so yesterday when she was at her friends Robb ripped all of her bedding off the mattress and left it on the floor for her to start from scratch. I had to laugh. When she got home he told her that she'd find it all on the floor and that every day he'd be checking and every day she didn't make it he'd be doing the same thing. Wonder if she'll make it every day now. Anyways back to Noelle, she is doing her sign language really well. I am trying to check out the videos from the library again but now they all seem to be checked out so I have them on request so when they come in we'll get them. There are like 9 of them and she's only seen 2. I looked at buying them but they are like $22 each, I was like UMMMM NO! She's working on potty training at home and daycare. Doing okay for her age, we aren't pushing just encouraging her and letting her sit there, sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesn't. She's always so proud when she does go. It would be HELLA nice to get her out of diapers in the next 6 months, what a load of cash that would save LOL.
Not much else going on. Just preparing for the upcoming changes at home. Trying to not get upset about it and just let it happen. I know we'll be fine. And I'm sure I'll have much more time to post here once he's gone. I'm sure I'll need to vent like crazy about life. So until next time....
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment